If you want to earn interest on Bitcoin & crypto holdings, my favorite platforms are Celsius and Nexo. They will pay you interest just for holding crypto with them.
While these lending platforms are not FDIC insured, their loans are 100% backed, so there is no risk of a bank run. I trust the management teams of these platforms, but it is of course possible that the platforms could be hacked or have their assets seized by governments. Celcius has over $20 billion in AUM, while Nexo has $12 billion. I also trust the stablecoin projects, especially USDC (with a $34 billion market cap).
There are many lending platforms, but I think Celsius and Nexo are the safest given their management team, security features, long history, and technology partners.
These platforms have competitive rates that change frequently, but currently:
* Celcius usually has the edge in stablecoin rates.
* Nexo is best for offering consistent rates for everything *but* Bitcoin and Ethereum
* For Bitcoin, Celcius offers 6.2% for the first .25 BTC and 3.05% for anything higher.
* Nexo offers a 1% bonus for 1-month terms on all assets, with higher rates longer terms of some assets.
* Nexo has occasional bonus rates offering higher rates for new tokens, while Celcius has regular promos where they gift Bitcoin for activity.
If you use these links and make a deposit, you can get a